- Department of Health & Human Services Draft Strategic Plan
Deadline: Aug. 15
Read the National Council’s comments.
- Status as a Grandfathered Health Insurance Plan
Deadline: August 16
Read the comments jointly submitted by the National Council and other national mental health/addictions organizations.
- Pre-existing Condition Exclusions, Lifetime/Annual Limits
Deadline: August 27
Read the comments jointly submitted by the National Council and other national organizations.
- Coverage of Required Preventive Services
Deadline: September 17
- Internal Claims and Appeals and External Review Processes
Deadline: September 21
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)
Deadline: September 28
- Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges
Deadline: October 4
Make Your Voice Heard on Health Reform Implementation
Over the coming years, the federal government will be issuing many regulations with guidance on how the provisions of healthcare reform must be implemented. For each regulation, there is typically a comment period where the issuing agency seeks public input on the proposed content of the regulation. You can influence the rollout of healthcare reform by submitting comments!
Below are some of the most recent opportunities for public comment: